Types Of Website
Types of Websites According to Functionality
What is the website ?
A website is an online HTML Document, accessible publicly and it contains certain information.
- HTML is Hypertext Markup language.
- HTML is the basic framework of a website.
- Neither any data is collected by HTML nor stored. And it is not much interactive.
According to the functionalities of a website, there are different categories or types of website.
- Static websites provide static information to the visitor. This means, the information does not change and remains in the same format as sent by the web server.
- Static websites are mainly coded in Html. To update any information on these websites one will have to change the information contained in the pages stored at the web server. So, the visitor or user can’t modify anything on this type of websites, only the authorised person can only do.
- Static websites are comparatively easy to create and can do the job for most simple websites that can settle on static content. A website like a product brochure, a company’s website or a college website for students is some examples of the static website.
- For clear understanding, think of static websites as a book that has printed material, set at the time of printing and after that, it will stay in that form, no matter how much you read it.
- Static Websites are less expensive and it takes less time to develop them.
- Hosting a static website is also not very expensive.
- Static websites are very smaller and are very fast to load.
- These types of websites focus and depend on the quality of the content.
- The owner of the website need to have knowledge of HTML/CSS/Photoshop etc. to keep their website updated or they need to hire a professional website designer for maintenance of their website.
- These websites are not interactive. Website visitors cannot search within the website or interact with website owners.
- Scalability of these websites is costly.
- Content can get inactive.
- In contrast to static websites, a dynamic website uses programming in addition to the traditional HTML to not only allow the flow of data in and out of the site but also can be used to control the page content “dynamically”.
- Dynamic websites are the improved HTML website. This website uses PHP/ASP languages to create dynamic contains. These websites are good to portray the information that frequently changes.
- In these websites, there is isolation between the code and the content.
- The content of the website is stored in a database, which is requested by the code, which then merges it with the layout of the website and then provides it to the end user. Here only that information is reclaimed from the database which is required, decided by the code in response to some conditions.
For dynamic websites, there are generally two types of programming techniques:
- Server-side scripting: In server-side scripting, the code is written to run on the web server. The dynamic performances are totally concentrated at the web server which occurs in response to some query, sent by the visitor to the server or some other conditions. The output to be displayed on visitor’s browser is created at the server and then sent to the end user.
- A dynamic website is the best solution for sites with content requiring repeated updates and/or interaction with the visitors.
- Much more functional website than a static website.
- Dynamic websites are much easier to update.
- Dynamic websites get frequent content updates which bring people back to the site and helps in the ranking of search engines.
- The navigation system of these websites is excellent.
- Developing of these websites takes time.
- Hosting is expensive.
- It is tough to customise the predefined layout.
- This is an advanced version of a Dynamic website.
- Portal website uses server-side language and database to store and create information.
- This kind of website is often a specially designed website which brings information together from different sources in a uniform way.
- On this website, the user can interact with their data and also can filter the information.
- These websites Contain Server-side Processing Language and database is used to store user information. Portal websites are fully dynamic in nature. It also offers my account features. So that user can login or register.
- In this website, the user can read information, Search Information, post comments and log- in to access my account.
How MtechWorld Can Help :
MtechWorld is a company that has been around for a while and thus has a great deal of experience guiding clients from all around the world as to what is the best solution for them. Besides which they have a big in house development team that converts those solutions into real websites. It is thus no big surprise that they have already developed more than 2000 + websites for clients from all around the world.